With the Pediatric Care Kit, maintenance is child’s play. The life expectancy and trouble-free functioning of a hearing instrument will be increased by regular care and maintenance. Once the hearing instruments have been fitted, the parents / caregivers usually have the most influence on how the child treats and looks after them and ultimately on the progress made with the child’s hearing. The kit contains everything a parent needs to care for the hearing instruments together with a user guide
Pediatric Care Kit
Hearing aid care and use are discussed during the hearing aid fitting appointment. You may be asked to come back in a week or two to see how the hearing aids are working and to see if you have any questions. Many audiologists order a “hearing aid care kit” for your child along with the hearing aids.
Your Pediatric Care Kit items:
- Pediatric Clip HI Holder- secures hearing aids to clothing, in case they fall from a child’s ear.
- Drying capsules- 3-pack of 2 capsules that go into the drying beaker to dry aids over night. With silica gel, for the optimum drying of hearing aids and earmolds.
- Battery tester-a new version of our battery tester, handy and convenient.
- Stickers- fun and colorful,in different sizes and shapes to stick onto the hearing aids. They make hearing aids colorful and give them a personal touch.
- Phonak Air Puffer- efficient cleaning of the earmold and to remove any moisture from the listening tube.
- Drying beaker- dries hearing aids overnight with drying capsules.
- Listening tube- allows parents to check whether the aids are working properly.
- 4 mix & match key chain hangers
Hearing aids are very sensitive to moisture. They should be kept in your child’s ears or in the drying container. This container has silica crystals in it that absorb the moisture out of the hearing aids aid at night. Moisture causes serious problems with hearing aids. Your child will be wearing hearing aids continuously during all waking hours. Some children even prefer to wear their hearing aids while they are sleeping. You will need to place them back in your child’s ears when this happens. It is important that your child learns to keep the hearing aids in their ears so that they get the most benefit from them.